Friday, May 16, 2008

Don't Be a Hata'

So the longer I stay here, the more convinced I am about how absolutely gorgeous this area is. I love to just go for drives and take in the very natural beauty. West Michigan has done a good job (or so it seems) of avoiding a clear cutting approach to development. The dunes, the lake, the woods, it's all here in one package. I'm very fortuante to be here...now all I need is my wife!

I've been quite busy getting things together here. I've found an apartment (yeah!) in Grand Haven (GH for short) for Julie, the dogs, and I. I've also had my first youth service this last week. It went well for the most part, but there is deffinitely room for improvement.

We're getting ready for a family service on Memorial Day weekend if anyone wants to come out. We have an entertainer/comedian turned children's missionary coming named Jay Risner (he's spoken to over 3 million kids so far) and we're going to have two bounce houses, balloons, candy, and hot dogs for everyone. Activities start at 9am and go until 1:30 if you want to head out here.

So last night I went to go see Prince Caspian at Midnight! It was great. Of course it wasn't exactly like the book, but that's ok-as long as you take it on its own merit, it's a great movie.

I'm not sure the did as good a job on this one as Lion Witch... it could simply be the fact that the initial "WOW" factor Lion Witch had was dependant on the excitement and anticipation for the first production of a Narnia book with a substantial budget. Still, it was a great movie and worth seeing a couple times I think.

I'd really like to see The Silver Chair done next. That said, Voyage of the Dawn Treader is one of my favorites in the series, but I think it would make a lousy movie honestly. So much would have to be changed to keep the pace going that it would not resemble the original too much.

Long Live Aslan!

1 comment:

ó Céileachair said...

Mom and me want to see Caspian too, Hey, we are both headed out this AM to the Amish Auction, we are out to Lake this weekend and just enjoying each other's company... We love you, and we are thinking of some way to meet up with you next weekend, sometime..... we're still in the planning stages... Give Julie a big hug for us. love, Mom & Dad XOOXOXOO