Monday, April 21, 2008

First Posting

Well, this is sort of a maiden voyage of sorts for me. I'm not on the internet. My thoughts, my life, my sense of humor will be posted for the whole world to see, that is, at least those parts I want them to see.

I've fought establishing a web presence/identity (i.e. blog, facebook, myspace etc...) for sometime for all kinds of reasons.

1) It seemed like such a waste of time. I have lots of things I would rather do then sit in front of a screen and pour out my sad life's story to the world... like spending hours in front of a tv to play violent video games and pour out my wrath and anger on helpless aliens, terrorists, and helpless bystanders.

2) Do I really want total strangers to know my favorite breakfast cereal is Cinnamon Toas Crunch and if I could be any teenage mutant ninja turtle I would be Michaelangelo and other deeply personal details of my life?

3) By starting this, will I become an addict? Is there a OAA (on-line addicts annonymous)?

4) Finaly, the reason that initiated the need to come up with other reasons to hide the real reason: keeping these things up to date takes way too much commitment and energy, I have FTC disease.... Failure To Commit. I'd try to change, but that would take too much commitment.

SO--- Here I am world, come to my virtual doorstep and get to know me...that is the pseudo-real on-line me that I portray in order to hide the real me behind a virtual wall of technology and inpersonal but semi-relevant information.

See ya' around

4 comments:

PB said...

Marc and Julie...Jessica and I are really praying that God is going to move your house. Just wanted you to know! PB

Unknown said...

Welcome to the Wired Wild Web bro! ;-P

Unknown said...

Oh, and regarding FTC disease: let me know and I can hook you up with some sweet mobile/phone blogging on here... nuthin's easier than text messaging or emailing your blogs from your phone ;)

ó Céileachair said...

hahhaa - that is funny.... :-)